Did you happen to notice that little EMOJI heart pillow on the couch for our Galentine’s Day Slumber Party? Well, it’s a DIY!!!
After we re-created our emoji heart balloons for our Sugarfina event, I was feelin’ the need for another go at this emoji… and a pillow seemed pretty perfect. You could whip this up for v-day, it’s pretty simple, or you could make it anytime of year! ‘Cause heart emojis are always appropriate if you ask me!
1 Yard Hot Pink Fabric (We used lamé!)
1/2 Yard Gold Fabric
Hand Sewing Needle
1. Fold the pink fabric in half, right sides together, and draw a heart shape with a pencil or chalk. Cut out the heart shape through both layers. Fold the gold fabric in half and draw a starburst shape. Cut through both layers, then trace one of the ones you cut again and cut out too more. You should have two hearts and four starbursts total.
2. With the right sides still together, sew the heart together with a half inch inseam, leaving about a 3″ opening for stuffing. Do the same on each of the starbursts.
3. Snip small slits into the inseam on the curves of the starbursts and trim the excess fabric off of the points on both the starbursts and the heart. Then turn all the pieces right side out.
4. Stuff the heart and starbursts with polyester stuffing.
5. Hand stitch the opening closed using a slip stitch.
6. Lay the starbursts on top of the heart to get an idea of where you want them. Then tack them in place using a needle and thread and making a stitch about two inches from each point.
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Don’t forget to get the rest of our slumber party DIYs, recipes and printables here and here! It’s gonna be a grand ol’ February 13th!
p.s. Emoji Heart Balloons!